Last minute christmas 6: window treatments round-up
Not long now! Christmas is well on its way and we have two more posts for the weekend, which will help you with last minute home decorating. Understandably, you don't want to be taking on any major projects at this stage or spending lots of money; which is why dressing up your windows is a great way to add festive touches to your home.
Window dressings/treatments can be used to add a focal point in the room and to draw the eyes to the beautiful scenery outdoors; later complimented by your décor indoors – read on for a round-up of our favourite last-minute window dressings!
- If you have children, they will love this dazzling display of snowflakes for the window as much as you will! You can purchase decorative snowflakes at really low prices and there should still be plenty available; otherwise you could craft your own with the children together. The best part is choosing your Christmas colour – go for a mixture of glittery metallics and an accent hue of red, green or purple. There are several ways to apply them to your windows such as hanging them up with different lengths of string or coloured ribbon. Complete the look with a swag of greenery framing the top edge of the window.
- For bay windows, you can add Christmas wreaths along its width at different intervals; it is quick to do and will give your windows just the touch-up they need to go from 'everyday' to 'festive cheer'.
- Wreaths are actually a favourite accessory for windows during the festive season and they can be used alongside your existing curtains and blinds such as this next idea. Add some interest to your Roman blinds by attaching wreaths to a length of coloured ribbon, attaching the top end of the ribbon to the backs of blinds – this makes the wreaths look as though they would be floating. If you wanted to take it a step further, you could create your own Roman blinds from scratch with a fabric more tuned in with your Christmas style and following easy instruction of Roman blinds how to make which can be found online.
- More hanging ideas for windows! This time we take glass ornaments which have the wonderful effect of reflecting natural light around the room – giving it sparkle! Again, use coloured ribbon to hang the glass ornaments up, securing the pieces to the wall above the window frame. Depending on the size of your windows and personal preference – you may choose one statement ornament or several to be hung at alternating heights.
- To retain that warm and welcoming feeling throughout the home, ready made curtains UK in a luxurious fabric will not only keep you feeling snug, but they look good for party glam in metallics, warm reds or both together with a gorgeous print. Let them hang from high and to pool to the floor below. When using metal or wooden curtain poles, you can add wreaths in by threading them along the curtain pole – we love to see them the full width, touching and in a colour to compliment curtains.
For more inspiration then why not browse through our Christmas Shop.