Caroline Gomez is a designer, art director, photographer and the author of Destination book series about travel and lifestyle. She also lends her vision and style to other brands, imagining contemporary settings and style, selecting and designing objects or shooting their products, so we are proud to bring you the Designer Insights of Caroline Gomez.
Image Credit: 1) Caroline Zhurley 2) Fort Standard 3) Old Faithful Shop 4) Art and Article 5) Conran Shop
– Transcript –
1) In your own words describe your unique style and creative aesthetic?
I think my style is minimalist living and natural art. I surround myself exclusively with essential items, for everyday, all made with functional and natural materials.
2) When starting a new project, what is your creative process?
The instinct and desire. Suddenly, I am inhabited by the project. The project becomes obvious.
3) Out of the creative people you have worked with, who is it that you respect and admire the most?
I admire creative studios such as – All the Way To Paris – Frama – Miranda Bennett Studio – Paloma wool …. I love their minds and creative freedom.
4) When looking for inspiration is there a particular thing you do to get inspired?
I travel. This is a very important element for me! This is also how my DESTINATION collection of books / travel and lifestyle was born.
5) What has brought you to this point in your career? And what is your advice for people looking to follow in your footsteps?
It is very difficult to answer this question. I cannot be where I am. I just know that I still have lots to do, lots of meetings to go to, lots of areas to explore. I can only strongly advise to always persevere and trust
Embed This Image On Your Site (copy code below):