Ehud Eldan is a product and industrial designer, working from his eponymous studio, based in Tel-Aviv. Ehud grew up surrounded by fields and the nearby forest, an experience that shaped his approach to nature and natural aesthetics. He also draws inspiration from music and sport. Ehud is also a graduate of the Industrial Design department of Bezalel academy for Art and Design. So we are proud to bring you the Designer Insights of Ehud Eldan.
Image Credit: 1) Paolo Cappello 2) Bakery Design 3) Cos Stores 4) Edilportale 5) Roee Magdassi
– Transcript –
1) In your own words describe your unique style and creative aesthetic?
I believe my style to be simple and clean yet sophisticated. I am always trying to stay true to the material I’m working with.
2) When starting a new project, what is your creative process?
My creative process can start from basically anything- sometimes I have a shape in my head I try to apply upon a project. Sometimes an image lights a spark to the process.
The important thing for me is taking the product forward to a new place.
3) Out of the creative people you have worked with, who is it that you respect and admire the most?
Chanan de lange, was my lecture at school. He is a big inspiration for me, as a person and a designer. He does art, design and architecture. There is raw and emotional.
4) When looking for inspiration is there a particular thing you do to get inspired?
I do nothing in particular. I get a lot of my inspiration from the materials and the combination between them. When I’m working with a material I search for the places it’s shown at its best.
The important thing for me is trying to take it to the next level, and create something new.
5) What has brought you to this point in your career? And what is your advice for people looking to follow in your footsteps?
My love for design has brought me so far. My only advice is to stay true to yourself and to things you love.