Paula Taylor is a colour and trend specialist at Graham & Brown, a renowned and well-established supplier of wallpaper since 1946. Paula predicts and foresees colour trends for the company, often anticipating new trends up to 18 months in advance. This then allows her to evaluate new ranges and predict the popularity of each. Graham & Brown has been in operation for almost 70 years, and has become a household name, recognised internationally. So we are proud to bring you the Designer Insights of Paula Taylor.
Image Credit: 1-5) Graham & Brown
– Transcript –
1) In your own words describe your unique style and creative aesthetic?
Although I do like the understated and elegant I love to add a little twist. I like to mix things up a little and create an eclectic look.
2) When starting a new project, what is your creative process?
I find mood boards help me focus. I love to collate the look and the feel of what I want and try out various colour combinations.
3) Out of the creative people you have worked with, who is it that you respect and admire the most?
I’m very fortunate to have worked with so many inspiring designers but Wayne and Geraldine Hemingway have made me think about challenging the norm and to look at things from a different perspective.
4) When looking for inspiration is there a particular thing you do to get inspired?
I look to our Graham & Brown trends that we collate a good 12 to 18 months in advance. They have always provided a great inspiration to any project.
5) What has brought you to this point in your career? And what is your advice for people looking to follow in your footsteps?
Trust your gut instinct, be creative and don’t be afraid to try the scary stuff it may surprise you. Be adaptable and think outside the box and aim to surprise and delight but never over promise it only leads to disappointment. Most important of all is to have fun!
Embed This Image On Your Site (copy code below):