Nonnahs Driskill is the founder of Get organized already! inc, an organisation company she established in 2010, based in Highland Park, Los Angeles. Nonnahs established her firm as a collaborative effort, combining the skills and experience of seven organisers. By doing this she offers a unique service that has more to offer than single organisers. She has also served on number design panels, news shows and been featured in lifestyle magazines. So we are proud to bring you the Designer Insights of Nonnahs Driskill.
Image Credit: 1-5) Get Organized Already! Inc.
– Transcript –
1) In your own words describe your unique style and creative aesthetic?
Comfortably organized. My house is not a magazine cover, but I can find everything quickly. I love color as much as I love order.
2) When starting a new project, what is your creative process?
Most of our projects take place in the homes of others. So, the first thing I do is ask questions about their style and habits, their needs, and expectations.
3) Out of the creative people you have worked with, who is it that you respect and admire the most?
The lovely ladies on my team are so good at turning a space into something beautiful and efficient. They have a way of keeping the big picture in mind while perfecting the details. It’s terrific!
4) When looking for inspiration is there a particular thing you do to get inspired?
It’s a little embarrassing to be so rigorous in my process, but in fact I make a list. Having guidelines written down, and holding a real pen in my hand somehow allows my mind more freedom.
5) What has brought you to this point in your career? And what is your advice for people looking to follow in your footsteps?
I’ve gotten to this point by making many mistakes. Even this week I made a mistake which led to another pearl of wisdom for our operations manual!
My advice is to work for another small business for one year. Ask a ton of questions and take copious notes on all aspects of your experience.