Kristen Ziegler is a Certified Professional Organizer and the owner of Minima, based out of Richmond, Virginia. With over fifteen years’ combined experience in the organization and design fields, she is able to create spaces for her clients that are both functional and beautiful. She has been a member of the National Association of Professional Organizers (NAPO) since 2009. So we are proud to bring you the Designer Insights of Kristen Ziegler.
Image Credit: 1) Scandinavian Design Center 2) Design Within Reach 3) Fine Little Day 4) Ikea 5) Design Within Reach
– Transcript –
1) In your own words describe your unique style and creative aesthetic?
I would say I work by a set of beliefs rather than a style or aesthetic. Minima’s mission statement is to “Make what is necessary beautiful.” The key step for any organizing and design project is to declutter.
2) When starting a new project, what is your creative process?
I start each new client with a two hour organizing action plan session in the client’s space. For each area, we establish the vision, zones of activity/storage, items to remove/relocate and items to add to maximize space.
3) Out of the creative people you have worked with, who is it that you respect and admire the most?
I have worked with a lot of inspirational people, but I think Gabriel Ricioppo, Owner and Director for Need Supply Co., stands out to me. His attention to detail and level of rigor is something I strive for.
4) When looking for inspiration is there a particular thing you do to get inspired?
Each time I find an great image, product, or article, I save it to Minima’s Pinterest. When I’m looking for inspiration on a new project, that’s the first place I go.
5) What has brought you to this point in your career? And what is your advice for people looking to follow in your footsteps?
I have always had a very clear brand and vision for Minima. Organizing and design is what I live and breathe, so I think things have grown organically over time as a result.