Done & Done Home is a professional organizing service based in New York, established by Kate Pawlowski and Ann Lightfoot. Kate and Ann are committed to helping clients resolve recurring clutter issues and anxieties. Kate has been organizing since childhood and loves the fact that she gets paid to do something she is so passionate about. Ann is more interested in the human side of their services, offering a psychology perspective to help clients through stressful emotions. So we are proud to bring you the Designer Insights of Done & Done Home.
Image Credit: 1-5) Done & Done Home
– Transcript –
1) In your own words describe your unique style and creative aesthetic?
We focus on thoughtful management of belongings in order to create stylish yet functional family spaces that make for easy and comfortable living.
2) When starting a new project, what is your creative process?
As organizers, we always start with de-cluttering our client’s homes before buying anything for them. When we know what they’re keeping, we design spaces with practical yet beautiful solutions.
3) Out of the creative people you have worked with, who is it that you respect and admire the most?
Many of our clients are mothers with very busy lives and careers, not to mention children at home who have all their particular needs. The creativity that goes into managing a home and a family while still making sure that everything looks and functions beautifully is truly inspiring.
4) When looking for inspiration is there a particular thing you do to get inspired?
We go for walks around Manhattan and wander into shops. We see interesting items that cause us to think about the things that people treasure in a different light.
5) What has brought you to this point in your career? And what is your advice for people looking to follow in your footsteps?
Never be afraid of hard work and take every job that comes your way. There were many times we were in over our heads and it just made us better. Most of all, we don’t know how this could be done without a partner. We have different strengths and always have the support of another person.