Lisa Cox is a garden designer working from her eponymous design studio Lisa Cox Designs, from Monmouthshire. Lisa has a deep connection with the outdoors and has done since being a young child. After finally getting her own garden 10 years ago, her passion came alive and she was inspired to transform her garden from a yard to a really beautiful space. She now does the same for her clients, turning their dream garden into a reality. So we are proud to bring you the Designer Insights of Lisa Cox.
Image Credit: 1) Oxenwood Furniture 2) Lisa Cox 3) Lisa Cox 4) Poterie Chene Anduze 5) Lisa Cox
– Transcript –
1) In your own words describe your unique style and creative aesthetic?
I don’t have specific creative style as I passionately believe that a garden design has to be shaped by the client, their personal style, the house and its surroundings.
2) When starting a new project, what is your creative process?
I use colour psychology to aid my design process and this usually involves an inspiration board so that I can be sure the finished garden fits perfectly with its owners.
3) Out of the creative people you have worked with, who is it that you respect and admire the most?
Fiona Humberstone is one of the most inspiring people I know. She has an amazing ability to make you think bigger and believe that you can achieve more than you ever thought was possible.
4) When looking for inspiration is there a particular thing you do to get inspired?
Normally it involves getting out with my camera which I believe makes you see things differently. But if I need to feel uplifted I step outside and lose myself in the Welsh hills!
5) What has brought you to this point in your career? And what is your advice for people looking to follow in your footsteps?
Hard work, passion and determination. I believe you have to be passionate about what you do – working for yourself can be hard but if it makes your heart sing, you’ll love every minute!
Embed This Image On Your Site (copy code below):