Kasia Antończyk is an architect and interior design blogger, writing about new product design and design ideas, based in Poland. Kasia works for an architecture firm in Sopot, Poland mainly on housing design projects, as well as running her own interior designer firm. Kasia also graduated in Architecture and Urban Design at the Technical University of Gdańsk, as well as studying architecture in Paris (at L’école Nationale Supérieure d’Architecture Paris Val de Seine). So we are proud to bring you the Designer Insights of Kasia Antończyk.
– Transcript –
1) In your own words describe your unique style and creative aesthetic?
The spaces I create are above all, honest. I love natural materials – stone, wood – but artificial materials can also look great if only they do not pretend to be natural. I appreciate modern interiors, as well as antique furniture.
2) When starting a new project, what is your creative process?
First, I talk with the client to get to know the project’s most important features, then I start to collect inspirational images and color palettes. I use architecture and interesting interiors to source these, as well as interior design blogs and magazines.
3) Out of the creative people you have worked with, who is it that you respect and admire the most?
One client I had made a huge impression on me with her courage in designing her apartment. She had a very extravagant taste and was completely open to bold colors and untypical solutions.
4) When looking for inspiration is there a particular thing you do to get inspired?
I do get inspired with color palettes. I am passionate about searching for beautiful color combinations on the Internet. A perfect color palette can be a great start for designing an interior.
5) What has brought you to this point in your career? And what is your advice for people looking to follow in your footsteps?
Be passionate, work hard, answer to your client’s needs, learn from those who are better than you and…have a blog 🙂
Embed This Image On Your Site (copy code below):