Sarah Reed is the founder of Dodeline Design, which she established in 2009 to provide her clients with stationery, wedding invitations and graphic designs for commercial clients. Sarah also created her blog Notes From The Studio, which she writes from Mount Pleasant, South Carolina. She has a BFA in Interior Design, as well as a long love affair with paper and an intense passion for web design. She has worked globally with an amazing array of clients. So we are proud to bring you the Designer Insights of Sarah Reed.
– Transcript –
1) In your own words describe your unique style and creative aesthetic?
While I appreciate almost every design style, I would say I lean more towards a blend of mid-century modern and contemporary design when left to my own devices.
2) When starting a new project, what is your creative process?
I like to start with pen and paper, scribbling new ideas & moving on to the next better one quickly and efficiently.
3) Out of the creative people you have worked with, who is it that you respect and admire the most?
I have been lucky to work with so many, but Jeni Becker of Seastar Arts Photography is one of my go-to friends & colleagues for inspiration and feedback. Her work is beautiful and she is such an amazing supporter of the arts and the maker movement.
4) When looking for inspiration is there a particular thing you do to get inspired?
Travel is probably my best source of inspiration, but reading novels and especially getting away from the computer screen work wonders when I can’t take a trip.
5) What has brought you to this point in your career? And what is your advice for people looking to follow in your footsteps?
“Kismet” has brought me here I think – I didn’t set out to be where I am today intentionally, but life works out sometimes despite the best laid plans. I would say being open and flexible is really important – don’t be afraid to try new things, but once you do, don’t be too stubborn to let go of what doesn’t work and keep trying until you find what does.
Embed This Image On Your Site (copy code below):