Emily Kennedy is a design blogger and founder of Two Purple Couches, which she writes from Cincinnati, Ohio. Emily is a self-proclaimed Dabbler, constantly trying her hand at new techniques and craft ideas. She has tried everything at least once, from sewing and painting to all in between. The name of her blog comes from the fact that she owns two purple couches and once agonised over the perfect colour scheme to revolve around her bold furniture choice. So we are proud to bring you the Designer Insights of Emily Kennedy.
– Transcript –
1) In your own words describe your unique style and creative aesthetic?
I tend toward pieces with a classic design and slightly contemporary feel that I can accessorize with bold patterns, bright colors, and something quirky or kitschy to round it out.
2) When starting a new project, what is your creative process?
As much as my nature is to dive right in, I try to take time to hunt for inspiration and tips to ensure that the outcome will be a success!
3) Out of the creative people you have worked with, who is it that you respect and admire the most?
I am always amazed at the ideas and transformations that my fellow DIY and home bloggers are capable of. There is no end to their creativity and resourcefulness, and they constantly inspire me. I also love teaming up with my husband on projects. His engineering brain sees things differently, and it’s very rewarding to collaborate and create together.
4) When looking for inspiration is there a particular thing you do to get inspired?
Get out of the house! A shopping trip, a nature walk, a quiet afternoon at a cafe; different environments free my mind and allow me to see a project from a new perspective.
5) What has brought you to this point in your career? And what is your advice for people looking to follow in your footsteps?
I’ve always been and wanted to be a writer. My blog began as a creative outlet, but has grown into my passion point. It’s allowed me to discover and seek deeper creative pursuits. My advice is to never give up on what you love. Keep at it. It will lead you somewhere wonderful.
Embed This Image On Your Site (copy code below):