Zoe Ingram is a designer and illustrator that has worked in the graphic design industry for over 14 years, and now works as a freelance illustrator. Zoe is originally from Edinburgh but now lives in Australia – where she is inspired by nature. She won The Global Talent Search in 2013, and subsequently gained commissions from Ikea and Hallmark. Zoe also has an honors degree in printed textile design from the Scottish College of Textiles. So we are proud to bring you the Designer Insights of Zoe Ingram.
– Transcript –
1) In your own words describe your unique style and creative aesthetic?
I love colour and unusual combinations, the idea of opposites and intuition. I think I have an eclectic taste. A little bit quirky, lush, elegant, playful and organic.
2) When starting a new project, what is your creative process?
I usually research then work out my ideas as sketches and then continue with the artwork. For personal work I just dive right in and do what feels good.
3) Out of the creative people you have worked with, who is it that you respect and admire the most?
Too many to mention! My agent, Lilla Rogers is a creative genius, she’s someone I respect and admire. She is always encouraging and she has so much contagious creative energy.
4) When looking for inspiration is there a particular thing you do to get inspired?
Online can be a good source of inspiration but it can also become extremely overwhelming so I tend to look at what’s around me for inspiration.
5) What has brought you to this point in your career? And what is your advice for people looking to follow in your footsteps?
A couple of years ago, after more than a decade in graphic design, I realised that I wanted to do what I love. Determination and believing in myself helped me to get to where I am now. My advice is to stay focused and keep practising, it doesn’t happen overnight.
Embed This Image On Your Site (copy code below):