Kelle Boyd is the founder of Ann Kelle Designs, where she creates bright and fresh textile designs, working from her studio in Nashville, Tennessee. Kelle has been passionate about art and design since childhood so when working for the Mayor of Nashville became too stressful, she decided to take a leap of faith and launch her own design brand. In a matter of weeks her designs were being sold in Target. So we are proud to bring you the Designer Insights of Kelle Boyd.
– Transcript –
1) In your own words describe your unique style and creative aesthetic?
My design style is simple, bright and happy with playfulness mixed in.
2) When starting a new project, what is your creative process?
It varies from project to project. But, typically it always starts with inspiration. Sometimes I’ll create massive inspiration walls in my studio, while other times I’ll go right to designing.
3) Out of the creative people you have worked with, who is it that you respect and admire the most?
There’s no way I could pick just one person! There’s so many talented creative people that hold my respect and admiration, from sewers to quilters to designers to photographers.
4) When looking for inspiration is there a particular thing you do to get inspired?
A lot of my inspiration is pulled from my childhood. Things I’ve always known and loved as a child, such as ice cream cones, a sweater I wore in the second grade or daisies in a field.
5) What has brought you to this point in your career? And what is your advice for people looking to follow in your footsteps?
Listening and following God has brought me to where I am. If it hadn’t been for that first step of faith, I wouldn’t be here. My family and friends have also played a huge role in encouraging and supporting me along the way.