Rebekah Ginda is a textile designer, as well as fabric design blogger, writing on her self-named blog and working in the industry since 2005. Rebekah creates stunning and whimsical textiles designs for the apparel industry, having worked for a number of prestigious companies, such as Nordstrom and Eddie Bauer. She has also independently provided her fun and colourful fabric designs to an extensive range of international fashion labels. So we are proud to bring you the Designer Insights of Rebekah Ginda.
– Transcript –
1) In your own words describe your unique style and creative aesthetic?
My designs are created for kids and fun adults. My style is fresh and whimsical and creates a colorful little world filled with animals, flowers and unexpected surprises.
2) When starting a new project, what is your creative process?
Once the seed of an idea comes to me, a long walk or bike ride helps me grow the inspiration into a concept that I will bring to life first in my sketchbook, then as a fabric design.
3) Out of the creative people you have worked with, who is it that you respect and admire the most?
I respect designers who are confident and fearless. Who know what they want to say, what their style is, and who don’t follow the trends. They are the ones designing because art is in their heart and soul and they have no choice but to let it out. And that passion is reflected in their artwork making it exceptional.
4) When looking for inspiration is there a particular thing you do to get inspired?
I let my mind relax by doing something other than drawing – I might craft, sew or get outside to help me get a new perspective and fresh ideas.
5) What has brought you to this point in your career? And what is your advice for people looking to follow in your footsteps?
Keep growing. We all start out with a dream and to get to the end is a long path. Just keep taking the next step – to improve your artwork, to reach out to clients, to make new connections. An open mind and persistence will pay off in the end.
Embed This Image On Your Site (copy code below):