Zorine Pooladian is a designer, specialising in furniture design, working from her studio Zorine Design, since 2011. Zorine is passionate about furniture, having designed over 25 pieces – some of which were recognised and became a finalist at the Atlanta International Woodworking Fair. She has collaborated with Bernhardt Design and has worked internationally, participating in design projects in Berlin. She is also a graduate from the Art Center College of Design Pasadena, California. So we are proud to bring you the Designer Insights of Zorine Pooladian.
– Transcript –
1) In your own words describe your unique style and creative aesthetic?
Simplicity – minimal – attention to detail. Daring, clean lines, bold colors, modern and minimal.
2) When starting a new project, what is your creative process?
I like to start with the researching and questioning of objects that interest me. How they originated and then doodle ideas on paper.
3) Out of the creative people you have worked with, who is it that you respect and admire the most?
My dear friend Janie Kasarjian, she connected with me through social media and became a mentor and inspiration for me. She has been a positive influence in my life and I admire her greatly.
4) When looking for inspiration is there a particular thing you do to get inspired?
I am inspired by past history. There’s a lot to learn from the experiments, trends and successes over time.
5) What has brought you to this point in your career? And what is your advice for people looking to follow in your footsteps?
It’s simple, follow your heart, believe and do what you love. I believe in endless possibilities in life and I do what I love!!