Laura Greenwood is a trend researcher at Scarlet Opus, offering clients trend insights to help them strengthen their brand and reflect the latest designs with their products. Laura loves working at Scarlet Opus as it is on the cusp of the latest trends, making it a very inspirational and exciting place to work. Their team analyses consumer trends and buying habits to give extensive analysis of ground-breaking style choices, design preferences and fashion ideals. So we are proud to bring you the Designer Insights of Laura Greenwood.
– Transcript –
1) In your own words describe your unique style and creative aesthetic?
I love a clean, simple and contemporary design aesthetic with injections of unexpected colour combinations, bold uses of pattern and a mixture of unusual materials, textures and surface finishes.
2) When starting a new project, what is your creative process?
I normally start with brainstorming initial ideas on paper and then begin to build mood boards on Pinterest to visually inspire and research.
3) Out of the creative people you have worked with, who is it that you respect and admire the most?
My colleague, mentor and friend Victoria Redshaw, she is a constant source of inspiration to me; I admire her creative intuition and design knowledge. She is a true professional and inspiration to the design industry.
4) When looking for inspiration is there a particular thing you do to get inspired?
I love to travel and experience different cultures. I also visit many exhibitions worldwide; constantly in search of new, innovative and exciting design concepts.
5) What has brought you to this point in your career? And what is your advice for people looking to follow in your footsteps?
I think that networking and social media is important to building the right contacts as well as having the drive, desire and determination to succeed. I have a passion and a love for what I do and I believe people should pursue a career in what they enjoy most.
Embed This Image On Your Site (copy code below):