Kathy Baugher is a home decor and DIY blogger, writing on her blog Up to Date Interiors, founded in 2013. Kathy blogs about all things decor and design, room styling and bargain hunting. She loves mixing old with new, as well as repurposing old furniture. Kathy’s philosophy is based on loving the space you live in, which encompasses everything from home decor and design to how we live our lives and function in the home. So we are proud to bring you the Designer Insights of Kathy Baugher.
– Transcript –
1) In your own words describe your unique style and creative aesthetic?
My style is coastal eclectic with a curated vibe. You will find soft neutrals used as a backdrop for showcasing new and old pieces in all of my spaces.
2) When starting a new project, what is your creative process?
I start with an inspiration board to reflect the overall feel and then get into details with sketches, floor plans, and styling ideas.
3) Out of the creative people you have worked with, who is it that you respect and admire the most?
I really enjoy working with Angela from Blue I Style blog. While her education is in law, she’s brilliant with art, design, and organization. I admire anyone who has a background in a dedicated field but also takes those big steps towards other passions like interior design. Even though Angela stays at home with her two young boys, she’s reliable, innovative, and dreams big.
4) When looking for inspiration is there a particular thing you do to get inspired?
Yes! I’m inspired by pieces that my clients already own and love. Color palettes can come from a piece of art, fabric, or even a particular mood.
5) What has brought you to this point in your career? And what is your advice for people looking to follow in your footsteps?
My education is in art and music but I’ve always had an interest in design and decorating. After several military moves with my family, I realized my passion for inspiring other families, renters, and home-owners to love their space. Starting an home décor blog was the way to do that.
Embed This Image On Your Site (copy code below):