Verónica Martinez is a dynamic designer of functional designs and furniture sculptures, working from her own studio in Madrid, Spain. Verónica skillfully crafts her pieces based on her love of natural surroundings, implementing them in architectural and landscaping projects. She works with artisans and expert sculptors to craft unique pieces made from natural materials – many of which have been published in design blogs, books, magazines and have even been internationally awarded. So we are proud to bring you the Designer Insights of Verónica Martinez.
– Transcript –
1) In your own words describe your unique style and creative aesthetic?
My style is elegant, sophisticated, natural, organic, where the white color achieved with new materials and the use of noble materials creates timeless sculptural designs.
2) When starting a new project, what is your creative process?
Investigate what exists in the market to create something unique. Although ultimately when receiving the customer’s order, the image set of the final piece appears in my head. [Max. 30 words]
3) Out of the creative people you have worked with, who is it that you respect and admire the most?
My business partner and best friend. He is my (business) Angel. And he always has positive words for the everyday.
4) When looking for inspiration is there a particular thing you do to get inspired?
Meditation. I believe we create new things because they are already there in the universe. We just take the information when we meditate or sleep. I go also to nature (Woods or sea) to relax and connect with myself.
5) What has brought you to this point in your career? And what is your advice for people looking to follow in your footsteps?
Really hard work, and my passion for what I’m doing. I just don’t “work” I enjoy what I do and create every day. Every mistake is a learning. My advice is to follow your heart, listening carefully to it first.