Jeanie Hevener is a DIY and craft blogger, as well as self-proclaimed “babble” behind here blog Create and Babble. Jeanie is passionate about creating pretty things for her home, and loves everything from DIY builds and crafting, to sewing and home decorating. She also loves collecting recipes, even though she doesn’t really like to cook. Plus she loved planning her daughters wedding. So we are proud to bring you the Designer Insights of Jeanie Hevener.
– Transcript –
1) In your own words describe your unique style and creative aesthetic?
I would describe my unique style as comfortable and relaxed.
2) When starting a new project, what is your creative process?
When starting a new project, I start with one inspiration piece and build from there.
3) Out of the creative people you have worked with, who is it that you respect and admire the most?
My sister. She has the most amazing sense of style. I admire her ability to decorate a room that is stylish, on-trend without looking trendy, and extremely comfortable and inviting.
4) When looking for inspiration is there a particular thing you do to get inspired?
Pinterest, magazines, as well other blogs provide tons of wonderful inspiration that are easily accessible to everyone!
5) What has brought you to this point in your career? And what is your advice for people looking to follow in your footsteps?
To be honest, it wasn’t until my children were grown that I had time to really focus on creating and design. But my style has not really changed from those years. I still use comfortable items that I love and are a reflection of who I am and what I like to do, but I’m now a little less concerned with durability and being child-friendly.
Embed This Image On Your Site (copy code below):