Suzann Bozorgi is the founder of Suzann Bozorgi Interior Design, a design firm based in London. Suzann studied at the Chelsea College of Art and afterwards worked for Design LSM, one of the UKs leading firms. She has now started her own firm, offering her services and expertise to both commercial and residential clients. She has a keen eye for detail and exacting standards, which allow her to craft beautiful and functional spaces. So we are proud to bring you the Designer Insights of Suzann Bozorgi.
– Transcript –
1) In your own words describe your unique style and creative aesthetic?
Classic but contemporary; warm, comfortable and luxurious interiors with great attention to detail
2) When starting a new project, what is your creative process?
Pull together lots of images, often using Pinterest which is great as clients can also input so it gives you a great foundation to work from. Then a lot of space planning, finishes sourcing and concept boards.
3) Out of the creative people you have worked with, who is it that you respect and admire the most?
I work with so many creative people it is difficult to single one out but I really admire the joiners, upholsters and curtain makers that I work with. They have a very physically challenging job but are always dedicated to the smallest detail and their own creativity. They manage this as well as the business side of things and it always impresses me how many hats they wear.
4) When looking for inspiration is there a particular thing you do to get inspired?
I often get over a creative block by walking my dog and being outside in nature. Travel is also brilliant for inspiration as is seeing other designers work in restaurants and hotels and on instagram.
5) What has brought you to this point in your career? And what is your advice for people looking to follow in your footsteps?
Hard work and a lot of faith! I would advise newbies to get as much work experience as they can. Also bear in mind that it is not just a design job that we do, you need to be very business minded and organised and also good at dealing with lots of people from clients to suppliers to builders.
Embed This Image On Your Site (copy code below):