Alisa Bowen is an interior designer with her own design firm Inside Studio, based in Preston. Alisa had a cultured upbringing, travelling and being exposed to different countries – all of which influenced her own style and approach to design. Her frequent house moves sparked her interest in interior design, as she quickly learnt to add personality to a new home. Alisa studied fine art painting in Larnaca and studied interior design whilst in Cyprus. So we are proud to bring you the Designer Insights of Alisa Bowen.
– Transcript –
1) In your own words describe your unique style and creative aesthetic?
I have an eye for items that are elegant, beautiful and timeless and together with my creativity I achieve luxurious interiors not limited by a budget.
2) When starting a new project, what is your creative process?
I often find an item that I (and my client) love for the space, and use it as the starting block to the rest of the design; often it can be a cushion cover, a chair, a rug, etc.
3) Out of the creative people you have worked with, who is it that you respect and admire the most?
I am surrounded by a very creative family. I am inspired by my husband who is a Product Designer and pays attention to every detail and will never settle for anything that is less than perfect; by my mum who is never phased by a design task too big or too difficult, by my sister who is always up for learning a new skill, and by my dad who is an inventor.
4) When looking for inspiration is there a particular thing you do to get inspired?
I like to paint – it helps me to refocus and clears my mind. I also love spending time on Pinterest and reading blogs; creativity of others inspires my own creativity.
5) What has brought you to this point in your career? And what is your advice for people looking to follow in your footsteps?
Passion and determination and a lot of encouragement from the people around me. My advise would be to love what you do and do what you love, and work hard to be able to do what you love as a living!
Embed This Image On Your Site (copy code below):