Janine Adams is a certified professional organizer offering her decluttering advice and services from St. Louis, Missouri from Peace Of Mind Organizing. Janine firmly believes that organizing can help people create freedom and peace of mind, with the ultimate goal of creating lasting peace that improves their quality of life. She has also been elected President of the St. Louis Chapter of the National Association of Professional Organizers. So we are proud to bring you the Designer Insights of Janine Adams.
– Transcript –
1) In your own words describe your unique style and creative aesthetic?
I love a beautifully functional space. When items can be stored so they look great and are easily accessed, my heart sings. Repurposed storage solutions are my favorite kind.
2) When starting a new project, what is your creative process?
It all starts with the client’s vision for her space. Then we figure out the least stressful way to get there. I’m a big believer in bringing in help.
3) Out of the creative people you have worked with, who is it that you respect and admire the most?
My friend and colleague, Aby Garvey of simplify101.com, is an organizing genius. I love having her on my teams; she always has amazing ideas. I channel my inner Aby whenever I want to create really clever storage solutions. Her aesthetic is beautiful and yet function is never, ever sacrificed. Aby is also very kind and insightful with clients. She’s a rock star.
4) When looking for inspiration is there a particular thing you do to get inspired?
This might sound trite, but Pinterest is a real help for me when I’m looking for inspiration. If I’m grappling with an organizational challenge, often I’ll turn to Pinterest for ideas.
5) What has brought you to this point in your career? And what is your advice for people looking to follow in your footsteps?
I’ve managed to create a website that attracts my just-right clients. I’ve built a team of amazing organizers who help transform my clients’ homes and lives. My advice to others is to work hard, listen to your gut and take the least complicated course of action whenever possible.
Embed This Image On Your Site (copy code below):