Dayka Robinson is an interior designer and blogger from Atlanta, Georgia, offering her services from her company Dayka Robinson Designs since 2009. She has humble design roots, starting as young girl with a love of building, DIY and crafts. Her early years taught the value of being passionate about you do, hence why she had to become a designer. She is a vintage shopper, furniture refinisher, and regular visitor and exhibitor at Design Shows. So we are proud to bring you the Designer Insights of Dayka Robinson.
– Transcript –
1) In your own words describe your unique style and creative aesthetic?
I love working with graphic patterns & color—especially on the walls! I’m obsessed with reusing incredible vintage pieces in ways that are tailored to a modern aesthetic.
2) When starting a new project, what is your creative process?
I always start with fabrics because the textiles tend to set the tone for my design plans. From there, it’s furniture, wall color, lighting & art.
3) Out of the creative people you have worked with, who is it that you respect and admire the most?
Brian Patrick Flynn, who I’ve had the pleasure to work & watch for years. He’s an Interior Designer and Creative Director of his own production company, Flynnside Out. He’s also a creative genius & never stops! Myliek Teele, founder & CEO of Curlbox. She’s created an incredible brand just by being herself, which I really admire. We haven’t worked together yet…but I know we will!
4) When looking for inspiration is there a particular thing you do to get inspired?
As a designer I get bombarded with inspiration, so I look forward to the days where I can disconnect & check-in with everyday life. Sometimes simple really IS best!
5) What has brought you to this point in your career? And what is your advice for people looking to follow in your footsteps?
I trust myself & my intuition. The best advice I can share is to be confident and trust your decisions as a business owner! If you don’t first believe in your ability to create, no one else will, either.
Embed This Image On Your Site (copy code below):