Jamie Dorobek is a craft blogger, writing about her crafting projects and design adventures on her blog C.R.A.F.T. from Austin, Texas. Initially, Jamie trained as teacher of special education and educational administration but decided to become a full time blogger after discovering Ucreate. She writes about her adventures to make her house feel like a home and has a desire to document the different craft projects she creates. So we are proud to bring you the Designer Insights of Jamie Dorobek.
– Transcript –
1) In your own words describe your unique style and creative aesthetic?
Bold, bright, and fun! I like pops of color and pattern, on a muted background, at least for today!
2) When starting a new project, what is your creative process?
Most of my creative projects start because of a need. Then, I brainstorm how to solve the problem beautifully and on a budget!
3) Out of the creative people you have worked with, who is it that you respect and admire the most?
My husband and mom! I’m the one with the crazy ideas, and they wrangle me in and help me make practical over pretty choices! Although, sometimes pretty has to win!
4) When looking for inspiration is there a particular thing you do to get inspired?
This sounds weird, but I’m inspired by problems. For example, we had akitchen with only 1 drawer. I needed storage! I ended up using a door as vertical storage for kitchen gadgets! Worked like a charm!
5) What has brought you to this point in your career? And what is your advice for people looking to follow in your footsteps?
I tell everyone to start a blog today! You can start one for free, and use that space to share whatever it is that makes you happy. The sky is the limit! I started blogging as a hobby and had no idea that one day I would quit my job as a teacher and be a full time blogger!
Embed This Image On Your Site (copy code below):