Bonnie Dewkett, is a nationally recognized organizing expert and author, offering her services from The Joyful Organizer®, based in Connecticut. Bonnie has always been passionately about organising, a practice she has been doing since a child. She loves creating and implementing organisational regimes to help her customers banish chaos and create calm. She has also authored a guide to moving home, titled The Joyful Organizer’s Guide to a Joyful Move. So we are proud to bring you the Designer Insights of Bonnie Dewkett.
– Transcript –
1) In your own words describe your unique style and creative aesthetic?
A home isn’t just a place for your stuff. It should be filled with things you love to use and look at. My requirements are useful AND beautiful.
2) When starting a new project, what is your creative process?
I first like to get rid of anything that’s excess. Remove the clutter and the beautiful will come though. Often the things we love are buried in the extra accumulations.
3) Out of the creative people you have worked with, who is it that you respect and admire the most?
The organizing industry is filled with amazing people who all have their own take on how to organize. I also admire other business women like Mayi Carles and Ruth Soukup who help so many with their advice.
4) When looking for inspiration is there a particular thing you do to get inspired?
I get inspiration from lots of places; Pinterest, books, and blogs. However, my best inspiration comes from the challenges that my friends and family face on a daily basis.
5) What has brought you to this point in your career? And what is your advice for people looking to follow in your footsteps?
A career in organizing is about so much more than putting things in order. You need business acumen, a lot of determination and oodles of energy. If you’re looking to get started, find an organizer in your area and shadow them.
Embed This Image On Your Site (copy code below):