Why take you old books to a charity shop when you can turn them into amazing things for your home. You may want to keep some of your most loved books, maybe you’re on a complete de-clutter and want to use the space taken up with copious numbers of read books, after all you have a Kindle and won’t ever be picking up a paper book again. Whatever your reasons I’ve found some of the most amazing things people have made from their old books; recycling at its best.
- A table and chairs made from used books would look great indoors or on the patio during the summer.
- Turn an old book into a clutch bag to hold your Kindle!
Design Everyday Blog
- This amazing headboard is made from open books.
- Don’t have the time or inclination to make a headboard like the one above – no worries, just stack-up your old books into piles behind your bed and voilà an instant headboard made from old books.
- If you like relaxing in a hot bath with a book you’ll love this bath made from books.
- An amazing style of rug made from book spines.
- This amazing desk is made from books and is used as an information desk in a library.
- Make a lamp from an old book.
- A vase made from an old book is a great up-cycling project.
Lifestyle All Women Stalk
10. Grab a pile of books, drill some holes large enough to hold a test-tube and you have an trendy style of vase.