Amer Adnan is the founder and CEO of Amer Adnan Associates. He returned to Pakistan in 2005, after working in the Chicago Land Area for over 15 years. He has created a design boutique which caters to businessmen and professionals alike. His design portfolio includes over 50 residential and commercial projects, local and international. Mr. Adnan believes in creative expression – designing inventively and making it possible. So we are proud to bring you the Designer Insights of Amer Adnan.
– Transcript –
1) In your own words describe your unique style and creative aesthetic?
My style reflects clean and clear thinking with a focus on practicality and elegance alongwith selective new materials to make the design unique.
2) When starting a new project, what is your creative process?
First I understand the requirements and the budget. Based on the prospect’s lifestyle and personality, I create an outline in my head which goes into implementation after a meeting.
3) Out of the creative people you have worked with, who is it that you respect and admire the most?
I have once worked with a young guy, a 3d visualizer within my team, who had a creative sense towards designing more than most of the architects and designers that I have worked with.
4) When looking for inspiration is there a particular thing you do to get inspired?
I go for a walk to breathe fresh air which freshens up my mind and helps me to think in many ways to make my design more attractive, unique and aesthetic.
5) What has brought you to this point in your career? And what is your advice for people looking to follow in your footsteps?
I got to this point through persistence. When starting your own business, the biggest hardship is to work below your market value for years at a time, before finally getting to where you want to be. Don’t give yourself the luxury to give up.