Ashley Rose is the founder of her own design and lifestyle blog, Sugar & Cloth, which she founded in September 2011. Ashley started her blog to share her life and projects with her friends, but it soon blossomed into its own Sugar & Cloth studio and workshop too. She is also a graduate of Marshall University for Art & Design and has a high appreciation for all forms of art and design. So we are proud to bring you the Designer Insights of Ashley Rose.
– Transcript –
1) In your own words describe your unique style and creative aesthetic?
Sugar & Cloth is a modern, trendy twist on well loved classics when it comes to decor and DIY’s.
2) When starting a new project, what is your creative process?
Once I’ve come up with an idea I’m passionate about, I usually like to jump to it right away, but some bigger projects take a few practice runs first.
3) Out of the creative people you have worked with, who is it that you respect and admire the most?
My Dad can fix or build just about anything, and is definitely a creative person I’ve always admired. He’s always encouraged me to notice things around me and what things are made of or neat architectural elements. That’s definitely how I got my creative process, but mine just involves a lot less power tools than his, ha!
4) When looking for inspiration is there a particular thing you do to get inspired?
I usually get inspired by places I’ve been or new experiences and then combine different ideas from those into something new and original that excites me.
5) What has brought you to this point in your career? And what is your advice for people looking to follow in your footsteps?
Never underestimate the power of hard work and always striving to do something original. Building a recognizable brand with those elements at the foundation of it is sure to succeed, even if it’s not overnight.