Keep yourself busy during the winter and make your own fabulous home accessories. You don’t have to be adept at any particular skill; there’s plenty of inspirational ideas for all skill levels, from beginners to advanced.
Kaite Eats Cake
1. If you love knitting this Aran pattern chair cover will keep you busy through the winter.
2. Knitted lamp-shades will give a room a warm ambience.
3. A chunky knit stool will make a usable addition to a country cottage or Scandinavian style home.
4. Simple bent spoons mounted of blocks of painted wood make a stylish places to hang things like keys.
5. Crochet a tea cup and saucer for storing bits and bobs.
6. Collect small pieces of silver birch trunk while you’re out on a walk and then turn them into pretty tea-light holders.
7. Make hand-made clouds and suspend them in a child’s bedroom or in you meditation room.
8. Thread some large beads onto electric cord and make a stylish light.
9. If you come across a large disused wooden spool turn it into a book storage unit.
10. Make wooden frames for photographs or mirrors.
Twisted Thread and Hook
11. Crochet a large pin-wheel play rug.
12. Make vases by covering bottles and jars with string.
DIY Cozy Home
13. Decoupage a tired looking filing cabinet or chest of draws.
14. Decoupage the risers on your stairs.
15. Make a side table from a stack of thin tree trunks.
16. Make a driftwood tea-light holder.
17. Weave strips of magazine pages into waste paper baskets.
Fab And Fru
18. Drink lots of wine and then use the corks to make your own cork board!
19. Make a fruit bowl from old metal washers, nuts and bolts etc.
20. Strap a pile of magazines together with a couple of belts and make your own stool.
Shrimp Salad Circus
21. Make a Jenga style bookshelf.
22. Create a trivet from pegs.
23. Concertina magazine pages to make a clock dial.
Guinea Pig Cages
24. Make your guinea pig a new home from wood.
25. Craft an old book into a vase.