Breck Rice works for Brewster Home Fashions, a manufacturer of beautiful wallpapers and home decor products, which is something her team is extremely passionate about. Their range has been designed to be fashion forward and to encompass a great breadth of appealing modern designs. Brewster Home Fashions is also a 5th generation family business, over the years achieving global recognition as an industry leader of fine wallpapers and coverings. So we are proud to bring you the Designer Insights of Breck Rice.
– Transcript –
1) In your own words describe your unique style and creative aesthetic?
My style would best be described as eclectic. I mix heirlooms and vintage finds with modern pieces for a bohemian look. I like things to be orderly, yet well embellished. [Max. 30 words]
2) When starting a new project, what is your creative process?
I do a lot of research. I study the historic origins of a design style for a rich understanding. That gives me perspective, and helps to guide my creative voice.
3) Out of the creative people you have worked with, who is it that you respect and admire the most?
Our creative director, Paula Berberian, is a constant source of inspiration for me. She has a really keen eye for design and a lot of creative intuition. She almost seems to channel color and design trends before they happen, and can instantly identify the little tweaks that will take a concept from good to spectacular.
4) When looking for inspiration is there a particular thing you do to get inspired?
Music is my muse! Listening to music from all different eras and cultures definitely helps set my imagination in motion.
5) What has brought you to this point in your career? And what is your advice for people looking to follow in your footsteps?
I sought out a creative job as a career change, and it took a lot of courage for me to follow my heart. But I truly live by the motto “do what you love”. You spend way too much of your lifetime at work to spend it doing something that doesn’t make you happy.
Embed This Image On Your Site (copy code below):