Linda Holt is an interior designer and colour expert, using her signature style to meet the needs of her clients, at her firm Linda Holt Interiors. Linda possess two Color Expert certifications, currently serves on the Benjamin Moore Color Advisory board and has been featured in House Beautiful Magazine and The Huffington Post. She is also a former photographer that used her creative eye to capture thousands of celebrities, actors and models. So we are proud to bring you the Designer Insights of Linda Holt.
– Transcript –
1) In your own words describe your unique style and creative aesthetic?
My personal style is a well edited space layered with color, pattern and art. I think rooms should be “livable” and have more of a collected look rather than a designer installed look.
2) When starting a new project, what is your creative process?
I spend quite a bit of time getting to know my client and their unique personality and lifestyle. Then I think about a color palette that will ultimately become the starting point for my design.
3) Out of the creative people you have worked with, who is it that you respect and admire the most?
I have a huge respect for artists and craftspeople, especially the local ones that I use for my interior projects. Many of them don’t make a lot of money but their dedication to their art and their passion for what they do is so inspirational to me.
4) When looking for inspiration is there a particular thing you do to get inspired?
I grab my camera and get out of my office. Looking through the lens I observe how the light hits the side of a building or the color of Fall. The natural world always inspires me.
5) What has brought you to this point in your career? And what is your advice for people looking to follow in your footsteps?
I had a passion for decorating since I can remember. For a number of reasons though I chose a different career path. I was in my late forties before I finally decided to go back to school and get trained as a designer. It has not always been easy but I have never given up and each year my business has grown and more opportunities have come my way. My words of advice? Never let go of your dreams.