Emily Benson is a DIY and craft blogger, writing about her many projects at her own blog The Benson Street, from Idaho, USA. Even though she may not be a professional, she has some amazing and creative design ideas that she loves to share with her readers. Her blog is not just a creative outlet but also a way of motivating her to complete her many design and DIY projects. So we are proud to bring you the Designer Insights of Emily Benson.
– Transcript –
1) In your own words describe your unique style and creative aesthetic?
I love to take a modern spin on timeless classic looks.
2) When starting a new project, what is your creative process?
I normally dive right in and sometimes have to go back to the drawing board. Sometimes I need to get my feet wet before I know what I want to create.
3) Out of the creative people you have worked with, who is it that you respect and admire the most?
I don’t know that I could pick just one person. I think that working with so many creative people gives us all a well rounded view of design. I find appreciation in many forms of creativity.
4) When looking for inspiration is there a particular thing you do to get inspired?
I gain inspiration everywhere. It could be music, nature even pinterest. Looking around at the world helps me see things differently.
5) What has brought you to this point in your career? And what is your advice for people looking to follow in your footsteps?
I decided I wanted to do something different than sit at a desk job. Follow your dreams and don’t be afraid to try something new. If you don’t try to do what you want, you will never know if you can.