Myles Shaw is the Managing Director of Carpet Runners UK, based in Grimsby, Lincolnshire. Myles operates the largest retailer of stairs and hall carpet runners in the UK, with the company actually been established in 1945. Since then the company has opened a number of showrooms and retail stores in the Lincolnshire area, but also operate nationally and internationally as well. They offer quality flooring to their customers at affordable prices. So we are proud to bring you the Designer Insights of Myles Shaw.
– Transcript –
1) In your own words describe your unique style and creative aesthetic?
As a company, we are dedicated to providing high quality carpet, stair and hallway runners – as well as fitting them and helping our customers enhance and make the best of their homes.
2) When starting a new project, what is your creative process?
Our customer’s needs and creative vision are the first things we consider and then we work closely with them at each stage of the project to make their vision a reality.
3) Out of the creative people you have worked with, who is it that you respect and admire the most?
We have had the pleasure of working with some of the top UK interior designers and we have also been involved in home staging projects which were inspiring to be a part of!
4) When looking for inspiration is there a particular thing you do to get inspired?
We are inspired by our work with interior designers and décor experts. We are inspired by people’s homes. We love colour schemes and pattern trends, and we get a lot from seeing how people customise our products.
5) What has brought you to this point in your career? And what is your advice for people looking to follow in your footsteps?
Hard work, dedication, resilience and a passion for helping people make their homes more homely – these are the things that have brought us to where we are. Listen to your customer, listen to other designers, try new things and be inspired by what you see.