Johanna S is a twenty-something German blogger, who aims to delight, inspire and occasionally provoke her readers at Dear Life We Need To Talk. Johanna loves expressing herself through her blog and sharing her joy, inspirations and thoughts on all manner of subjects. She is also currently working on achieving her Master’s Degree in Online Communication. So we are proud to bring you the Designer Insights of Johanna S.
– Transcript –
1) In your own words describe your unique style and creative aesthetic?
If Gisele Bündchen & Benedict Cumberbatch had a child, that would be it: free-spirited, quirky, natural glamour meets classy, sleek, British minimalism.
2) When starting a new project, what is your creative process?
I’m a visual person, so I sketch out my ideas on paper. In combination with writing down bullet points, this gets me where I want to go (or someplace even better!).
3) Out of the creative people you have worked with, who is it that you respect and admire the most?
My friend Lauren of The Thinking Closet never seizes to amaze me – she’s incredibly clever & creative in the way she gives people what they want, and it never feels like she’s doing something that’s been done before. Generally, I just love working with people who say “why not?” – it’s freeing & exhilarating.
4) When looking for inspiration is there a particular thing you do to get inspired?
I love scrolling through Flickr, Tumblr, or Pinterest – so many people have beautifully curated profiles, it’s easy to find new colors, compositions, or quotes to be inspired by.
5) What has brought you to this point in your career? And what is your advice for people looking to follow in your footsteps?
Many times, people have been willing to go the extra mile for me, whether in blogging or life in general, because of this advice my mother gave me: treat people like they matter, and be sincere about it. The rest is just hard work, good food, and a comfy bed.