Amber Burrahm is an interior, graphic, & web designer, featuring her latest projects, fun ideas, & freebies on her blog Snippets of Design. Amber enjoys design of all kinds and believes that anyone can live beautifully on any income. She is a cozy cottage girl and she leans towards a cozy cottage traditional European style. She also works to renovate a number of vacation rentals for her clients. So we are proud to bring you the Designer Insights of Amber Burrahm.
– Transcript –
1) In your own words describe your unique style and creative aesthetic?
I love the clean, cozy, cottage look. I love old mixed with new, wicker, organization, refinished furniture, painted wood paneling, brick, and little details that spoil.
2) When starting a new project, what is your creative process?
I start a project by observing the space and recognizing the needs. A rush of ideas usually comes to mind. Then I search Pinterest and other publications for the remaining ideas.
3) Out of the creative people you have worked with, who is it that you respect and admire the most?
Every client I have worked with challenges me which I really enjoy. I have also worked with some great contractors and I appreciate their contributions. One of my favorite people to work with however is Designer Katrina VanWagenen. We work together as the Cozy Cottage Girls. I love that we have the same taste and we vibe really well together.
4) When looking for inspiration is there a particular thing you do to get inspired?
Usually, ideas pop up randomly and they are just naturally added to my list of next projects. Bloggers, designers, and photographers, wants and/or needs inspire me into my next projects daily.
5) What has brought you to this point in your career? And what is your advice for people looking to follow in your footsteps?
I have so many interests. Running my blog and website encompasses everything I love. I would encourage people to be themselves, explore their interests, learn everything they can and take all of the opportunities placed before them. Everything else will fall into place.