Angela Bowron is a “London living”, “home design loving” blogger, sharing her latest adventures on The Awkward Blog. Angela grew up in Borneo but has lived in London since 2001, so has a multicultural approach to home design, which she showcases in her many projects. She loves writing, so is passionate about sharing her baking, cooking and design projects with new readers. Also her ultimate goal is to make her home “Anthropologie worthy”. So we are proud to bring you the Designer Insights of Angela Bowron.
– Transcript –
1) In your own words describe your unique style and creative aesthetic?
Colourful and eclectic! I really bright pops of colour against dark walls; I painted my fireplace black a few months ago and I still admire it everyday!
2) When starting a new project, what is your creative process?
Pinterest helps create a moodboard & I scour eBay, Etsy, and anywhere online to find a particular product (I’ve been up till 2am trying to find a discontinued wallpaper for instance!)
3) Out of the creative people you have worked with, who is it that you respect and admire the most?
I haven’t had the opportunity to work with any lovely creative types yet, but my absolute most favourite person for renovation and design projects is Daniel Kanter from Manhattan Nest. When I need a kickstart of motivation and inspiration, I head to his blog!
4) When looking for inspiration is there a particular thing you do to get inspired?
Once I get an idea for a project, I obsesss over it! I find Pinterest a great source of inspiration, and tips and motivation from other interior blogs.
5) What has brought you to this point in your career? And what is your advice for people looking to follow in your footsteps?
Long before my blog came along, I was always hunting for the perfect ‘something’ for my home, sifting through markets, or searching Etsy for one thing or another. Now I get to share it online, and I love the feedback I get- it’s nice to feel like a part of a community. My advice is to always go with your gut!