Cassie Bustamante is a design blogger, shop owner and collector of pretty things, writing at Primitive And Proper since 2008. Cassie loves character and colour, and believes that a person’s home should be an expression of their personality. Her mission is to live life to the fullest and to be happy. She is also a mother, wife, daughter and friend to those that know her. So we are proud to bring you the Designer Insights of Cassie Bustamante.
– Transcript –
1) In your own words describe your unique style and creative aesthetic?
I call my style moody free-spirited collector. I gravitate towards moody walls and fun vintage collected pieces that speak to my soul.
2) When starting a new project, what is your creative process?
I come up with a general plan that I use only as a guideline to offer flexibility, then I start with some of the biggest elements of the space and work my way down.
3) Out of the creative people you have worked with, who is it that you respect and admire the most?
My mother- she taught me to go with the flow when things don’t work out as planned. You just move on to plan B!
4) When looking for inspiration is there a particular thing you do to get inspired?
Sometimes I find it is best to step away from magazines and pinterest and look around my own home and see what I truly love and do a little soul searching.
5) What has brought you to this point in your career? And what is your advice for people looking to follow in your footsteps?
I have worked very hard and devoted a lot of time and energy. I would say that anyone who has a dream needs to go for it, do what they love, but realize that the dream is only a fraction of the reality…. Dream, and pour your blood, sweat, and tears into it to make it happen.