Christy Little is a home improvements blogger, sharing her design ideas and latest projects on Our Southern Home. Christy established her blog in 2012, after always having an affinity for interior design. A former elementary school teacher, she loves all things French country, a style she uses within her home. She also loves thrift stores and antique shops for finding unloved items to use in her home. So we are proud to bring you the Designer Insights of Christy Little.
– Transcript –
1) In your own words describe your unique style and creative aesthetic?
My style has definitely evolved through the years maintaining a traditional vibe. I would have to describe my style of the past 10 years as Vintage French Farmhouse Eclectic.
2) When starting a new project, what is your creative process?
When decorating a space, I love to mix new, antique and thrift store finds. It gives interest and adds an element of history to a space.
3) Out of the creative people you have worked with, who is it that you respect and admire the most?
As a blogger, I must say that collaborating with other bloggers on tours and events has been a joy. It’s amazing that in such a competitive arena, we can come together and help each other out. I admire my clients through the years that tell me they trust my judgment and give me the reins! In the design world, I am a tremendous fan of the late Charles Faudree.
4) When looking for inspiration is there a particular thing you do to get inspired?
I’m a huge magazine and decorating book junkie! They are great inspiration as a springboard. Sometimes it may just be a piece that I’ve bought in a thrift store. It can inspire an entire new vignette!
5) What has brought you to this point in your career? And what is your advice for people looking to follow in your footsteps?
There are no rules these days! You don’t have to be formally trained to have fabulous design style! I think the blogging world has proven that! I used to be an elementary school teacher. I am following my dream….sharing my love of beautiful interiors.