Kelly Moore is a lover of crafts and blogger at Here Comes The Sun Blog, sharing her latest craft ideas and retail products. Kelly is a former environmental scientist but found her new calling in 2010 blogging about her family and her various craft projects. She is also a brand ambassador and writer for the website ForRent.com. So we are proud to bring you the Designer Insights of Kelly Moore.
– Transcript –
1) In your own words describe your unique style and creative aesthetic?
I would describe my style as modern eclectic. I love clean lines with bold and crisp patterns. I also like to layer different types of items and accessories to create a unique look. I like my spaces to feel warm and inviting with personalized touches.
2) When starting a new project, what is your creative process?
I always have a vision of what I want the space to look like. From there, I start combining pieces, old and new, to bring that vision to life.
3) Out of the creative people you have worked with, who is it that you respect and admire the most?
Due to the nature of blogging, I have never physically met most people I work with. I respect and admire those who remain true to themselves and their passion.
4) When looking for inspiration is there a particular thing you do to get inspired?
My inspiration comes primarily from nature. I live near the coast and am very drawn to the coastal theme. I like subtle, calming colors and try to incorporate them in all rooms in my home.
5) What has brought you to this point in your career? And what is your advice for people looking to follow in your footsteps?
I have always been a creative person and have always enjoyed writing so it came naturally that I would combine the two into blog. Find your passion, do what you love and build relationships with other people in your niche. Be happy!