Darren Genner is an interior designer and one half of design firm Minosa, which was founded in 2001 with Simona Castagna. Based in Australia, Darren and Simona specilaise in boutique washbasins and bathroom furniture. At the forefront of design Minosa offer a multidisciplinary design approach to their customers. Minosa has also recently been awarded the Top Bathroom Award at the Australian Kitchen and Bathroom Awards 2014. So we are proud to bring you the Designer Insights of Darren Genner.
– Transcript –
1) In your own words describe your unique style and creative aesthetic?
We have a very refined a clean design style, we love to challenge space and the way it functions.
2) When starting a new project, what is your creative process?
The most important aspect of a new project is the client, their brief and the solutions required to suit their life and style. The more thorough we are at this stage the better the results will be.
3) Out of the creative people you have worked with, who is it that you respect and admire the most?
I would have to go way back to almost the start of setting up our design studio 13 years ago. We worked with a local architect Denis Morgan on a project and he had a massive influence on us. He thought outside of the box, not caring about trend but more of people and their needs, likes & dislikes
4) When looking for inspiration is there a particular thing you do to get inspired?
People are the greatest source of inspiration; they are the ones driving decisions and design. Keeping us on the edge to create spaces that are new and defining of their life.
5) What has brought you to this point in your career? And what is your advice for people looking to follow in your footsteps?
2 decades of hard work, dedication and real drive not to sway from our core beliefs. We have always known what we wanted to create we just had to get out there and put in the miles. I would have to say to stay true to your beliefs, the client is not always right….challenge them and always deliver what you promise.