Sue De Chiara is an avid observer of all things stylish, sharing her design inspirations on The Zhush blog. Sue has always been surrounded by art and design, coming from a family full of artists. However she found her true calling with design blogs during a number of renovation projects, which ultimately led her to creating The Zhush blog and eventually her online shop. So we are proud to bring you the Designer Insights of Sue De Chiara.
– Transcript –
1) In your own words describe your unique style and creative aesthetic?
Classic style with a modern mixed up twist
2) When starting a new project, what is your creative process?
When I’m starting a new project, I look around for inspiration on Pinterest, books and magazines.
3) Out of the creative people you have worked with, who is it that you respect and admire the most?
Lauren Muse of Muse Interiors- We have been working together for several years. She helped decorate my home during our renovations a few years back. Lauren has an amazing eye for interior design.
4) When looking for inspiration is there a particular thing you do to get inspired?
When I am looking for inspiration, I try to look through Pinterest, magazines and other blogs to get some ideas. From there I try to use those ideas and put my own twist on them. I also like to take a lot of photos with my iPhone while I’m traveling to use later for inspiration.
5) What has brought you to this point in your career? And what is your advice for people looking to follow in your footsteps?
I have always had an eye for all things stylish. During the massive renovation to my home a few years back, I had become addicted to design blogs and realized there was a whole world of people as obsessed with good design and style as I was. On a whim, I started writing The Zhush blog which lead to starting my own online shop Zhush.com. The advice I would give is follow your passion. I have a passion and love for everything stylish.