Michelle Chasey founded The Design Fairy in 2010 with a mission to offer flexible design services from complete property renovations to simple consultations regarding colour schemes. She prides herself in her consulting skills and ability to fully discuss designs with her clients. Completing her design projects with integrity, commitment and attention to detail, we are proud to bring you the Designer Insights of Michelle Chasey.
– Transcript –
1) In your own words describe your unique style and creative aesthetic?
Contemporary-classic in style, I like light & airy interiors with an added touch – be it a dramatic piece of lighting or a bold colour.
2) When starting a new design project, what is your creative process?
Really getting to know the client. This is my starting point – it enables me to create around their ideas & stretch their imaginative thoughts.
3) Out of all the creative people you have worked with, who is it that you respect and admire the most?
A very close friend of mine who is a textiles and print designer. I respect and admire her the most because she is not afraid to be bold and brave in her colours and patterns.
4) Is there a building that you find yourself revisiting repeatedly, because of it’s beautiful and inspiring interiors?
Venice Cathedral – I find it a stunning building and one which I visit every time I go to Venice. The architecture is inspirational.
5) How did you get into interior design? And what is your advice for design students looking to follow in your footsteps?
I’ve always really loved property and wanted to find a way to work with people too. Interior design is perfect for this. I’d recommend design students to do as much interning as possible – you just learn so much from this!