If you have a limited budget, there are some decorating trends you can take advantage of to give your décor an updated look. You might already have many items lying around your home or there might be some simple ideas you can implement to freshen up the look of your living room and add interest to it. Here are just some suggestions that interior designers will use to make a home more comfortable:
* A large vase can be used to hold dried grasses or a colourful vase with fresh flowers can become an instant focal point. Most people do this on special occasion, but everyday usage isn’t forbidden. There are many silk flowers that look real and this might be a finishing touch to brighten up your room.
* Consider making an end table by stacking some hardback books that are gathering dust. Using larger books of different colours stacked to armchair or couch-level, gives you a place to sit small table lamps UK or some trinkets.
* Group shelf-sitting objects that have differences, yet commonalities. You can also use differences or similarities to set living room furnishings apart, with a variety of textures, shapes and sizes.
* If you have a large living room, consider multi panelled screens to divide it into smaller spaces. You can use curtains, with interesting curtain tie backs UK or create a natural separation with larger house plants.
* If your room is a neutral colour, pick a bright colour and add vases, flowers cushions and throws and cheap rugs to brighten the space. If you stick with different shades of the same colour, this works especially well. Picture a beige room with a few red accents, grey room with hot pink accents or a blue room with chocolate brown accents.
* Consider grouping a couple of armchairs and a small table by a window that has a view. It can give you an intimate conversation area, aside from your larger living room grouping.
* Change the look of your room with an area rug that contrasts your furnishings. If you have neutral furnishings, consider a brightly coloured or patterned area rug under the coffee table. For brightly coloured furnishings, create contrast with light coloured cream rugs.
These are just a few inexpensive decorating and interior design ideas you can use in your living room.