To round up our autumn decorating preview, we have compiled a list of the season’s must haves. I mean, these home accessories and décor pieces are so cost-friendly that you don’t need an excuse to buy them! If you do, then let it be for the change of seasons and the necessity for added warmth and cosiness. What was once fresh and funky for the summer months, could be at risk of being chilly and stagnant for autumn. Take a look through our list and devise a quick shopping spree before it becomes too late!
· Cosy Candles – As much as a source of soft light and heavenly scents, the right candles can be a great décor piece in their own right – especially when grouped together in different heights and widths. Now go on and be good to the environment by choosing the Eco-friendly variety, choosing scrummy scents like vanilla or chocolate.
· Pillows Galore – Always the answer to a quick and low-cost solution to changing home décor, a few extra pillows can be thrown on the bed, sofa and wherever you feel fit. Look for seasonal colours that will warm up light and breezy rooms or choose a simple contemporary print that represents the nature – leaves, woodland creatures or autumn fruits.
· Dress Up The Dining Table – One thing I look forward to in autumn is the return of real food! Casseroles, warming soups and fruit crumble! Alfresco entertaining and barbecues end with summer and we return to the dining room for entertaining guests. Celebrate the return of good food and good company in your dining room with some new table décor. A set of place mats can be picked up on the tightest of budgets and yet they help to set the mood. Look for those that have a little shimmer in them or a spicy colour to keep spirits high.
· Doormat With Good Design – That tatty old brown doormat from last year needs to be replaced! Make a great entrance statement with a beautiful designed doormat this autumn. You can keep to browns if you want, but look for those that have a detailed pattern or some nice words of ‘welcome’.
· Bed In A Bag – Why not treat yourself to a new bedding set with matching duvet covers uk, pillow cases and throw. There is no better feeling that retiring to the bed on those cold and rainy nights – even if its just to have some reading time or snuggles. Do keep toasty by choosing a nice patchwork duvet cover or woolly throw and switch the cool blue and greens of summer to spicy reds, dark sapphire blues or rich browns with cream.