If you’re looking for a few affordable home interior decorating ideas to freshen up a room over a weekend, try these ten:
- Rearrange the furniture- Pull your furniture away from the walls. Try repositioning it at new angles which allow better interaction rather than simply a spot for television gazing. What you do in a room is what defines it, if you room increases conversation and family interaction you will feel like you have a new room.
- Create a feature wall- Paint one wall in a stand out colour or paper it in an interesting wallpaper design to make it the focal point. Hang artwork or photographs over the top then position a floor lamp and an armchair immediately in front for a warm and inviting look that has instant impact.
- Get rid some carbon dioxide recyclers- By that I mean purchase some plants. Greenery always adds a breath of fresh air to a room. If you don’t have the greenest of fingers, try silk plants and trees.
- Lay an area rug- An area rug is a great way to define and separate different zones in your home- especially in an open plan arrangement. Find one that has colours in it which pick out various shades around your room, that way you can be sure it will complement the existing decor. Lay one beneath your coffee table to provide a focal point for your furniture to group around.
- Hang pictures or mirrors- Hang pictures that reflect your personality. Try frames that are more ornate. When hanging a mirror, try to position it so that it reflects a nice exterior view or an interesting architectural element in your home.
- Change your bed covers– The bed is the main focus of your any bedroom, so anything you do to it will have a large and immediate on the room as a whole.
- Add decorative pillows and throws- A new settee can be expensive and is an often unnecessary solution to update your living room. The good news about decorative pillows and throws is that they are a cheap and easy way to add texture and pattern to a room whilst covering up and old couch.
- Get some new table lamps- Lamps are probably the one thing in your home that will give others a clue that your room is outdated. Pick up some cheap table lamps that make a statement. Not only will your room benefit from a flattering intimate glow, but the furniture you place the lamps on will instantly look updated in the process.
- Add a Throw or Afghan- Similar to decorative pillows, throws and Afghans add texture to your furniture. They come in all kinds of natural and man made fabrics. Find a pattern and style that you like.
- Have a clear out- You’d be absolutely amazed by the difference this can make. Clutter has a way of confusing or even eliminating the desired mood and effect of any room. Find storage spaces for papers, toys, and other items that take from the personality of a room.
(Visited 198 times, 1 visits today)